Frequently Asked Questions
- How can Massage Therapy help you?
- Answer these questions to find out.
- Do you suffer from muscle strain caused by your occupation?
- Do you get headaches?
- Do you have chronic back ache?
- Have you ever been in a car accident or suffered from whiplash?
- Do you have jaw pain or grind your teeth at night?
- Do you have arthritis?
- Do you have a work-related injury?
- Do you want to improve your athletic performance?
- Massage Therapy is an effective approach to pain management and rehabilitation. RMTs are effective in providing relief for a wide range of conditions related to soft tissue and joint dysfunction.
- What should I expect from my Registered Massage Therapist?
- Professional Accountability: Our therapists have a minimum of 2200 hours of training and are committed to regular continuing education and upgrading. We are bound by regulatory legislation which enforces standards of practice and ethics for the profession.
- Information: The assessment procedures and plan of treatment will be explained to you. Feel comfortable to ask questions so you clearly understand the goals of your treatment and the treatment itself.
- Friendly Care: You will receive an unhurried and thorough treatment, always with a caring attitude. Patient trust and confidentiality is always respected.
- How does my Massage Therapist know what I need?
- Your health needs will be assessed and evaluated. Your treatment will then be tailored to obtain the best results for you.
- Does my health insurance cover Massage Therapy?
- Treatment received at the Whitehorse Massage Therapy Clinic will be reimbursed by most extended health care and employee benefit plans, although a physician’s referral may be required. We now offer direct billing to most insurance companies.
- Your automobile insurance company, the Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police also provide coverage for massage therapy.
- Treatment Fees
- Effective January 1, 2018
- All prices include GST
||As of October 1, 2020:
- Cancellation Policy
- Please provide 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. This time is booked for you. We do not overbook or double book at this office, making it very difficult to fill a missed appointment.
- You will automatically be charged the full fee if you miss your appointment or cancel late. The exception to this is illness, especially during COVID-19 times. PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL UNWELL.